Related

Friday 17 June 2016

Blocked Layering


 'Fashion is art and you are the canvas.' Such a powerful saying. Fashion truly is a platform, seamlessly fusing into a template you wish to create. Experimenting, therefore, is a by-product and if anything, this post is all about fusion.

Colour blocking has been the 'it' trend for quite a while now. What I have incorporated as a different element in the look is light summer layering along with colour blocking. I picked out this blue sleeveless top and plaid shirt coat from Clovia. I would have easily spent close to an hour zeroing in the looks, simply because there was so much I loved. 

My previous post on Clovia was more about casual summer dressing. This time around, I decided on creating a more well-defined, sharp look. Blue is my weakness when it comes to clothes and I couldn't wait to style the top. Whats striking about the top is the zipper details, giving it a slight edge. I decided on colour blocking it with a oxblood pencil skirt and layered it with the plaid coat; and it might be one of the most comfortable items I have ever donned. It's an ideal wear for those days when you need a day-to-night look. Killer heels were an absolute must to sum up the look. 

Let me know how you style a day-to-night look, in the comments below.

I shall soon see you with a new look.

Until next time, lovely readers!

















No comments:

Post a Comment